PiezoWave 2 Shockwave
Extracorporeal shockwaves have been used successfully to treat chronic pain syndromes since the beginning of the 1990s. Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT) is non-surgical procedures to treat chronic pain in the skeletal muscles.
The extracorporeal focused shockwave permits precise diagnosis and treatment of active and latent trigger points in myofascial pain syndromes. Trigger points are small, thickened, pain-sensitive areas in a tense muscle which can cause significant pain, even at some distance from the trigger point.
· Calcific tendonitis of the shoulder
· Tennis elbow
· Heel spurs
· Achilles tendon pain
· Inflammation of tendon insertions at the shoulder joint
· Trochanteric bursitis or hip enthesitis
· Medial tibial stress syndrome
· Prepatellar bursitis
· Pseudarthrosis (false joints)
· Patellar tendinitis
** Shockwave therapy is currently limited to Chiropractic Clinic of Kowloon ONLY **